Ian Reynolds is a partner of Bennett Jones LLP, one of Canada’s leading business law firms, with more than 20 years of experience in corporate finance and business law, with a specialization in private capital and private mergers and acquisitions.
Ian has received the designation of Queen's Counsel, and the designation of institute certified director (ICD.D) from the Institute of Corporate Directors. He has been recognized as one of Canada's leading lawyers in The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory in 2015-16 and 2018, the Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada in 2016-17, and the Lexpert Special Edition of Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers in 2018.
Ian balances his full-time legal commitments with an active commitment to the community. His service to boards and committees includes:
- Member, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation Board of Trustees
- Member, John Cameron Changing Lives Foundation Board of Trustees
- Member, Hi-Kalibre Equipment Ltd. Board of Advisors
- Member, Fort Edmonton Management Company Board of Directors
- Member, University of Alberta Faculty of Law Dean’s Advisory Committee
- Past member, Alberta Economic Development Authority (AEDA) Executive Board of the Board of Directors
- Past member, AFSC Financial Board of Directors
- Past vice-chair, Norquest College Board of Governors