Host your own fundraiser
Hosting a fundraising initiative in support of the Stollery is a great way to show your appreciation, support and commitment to Stollery kids and their families.
You’re about to make a life-changing impact.
Not only will your fundraiser help fund the best people, programs, equipment and research at our world-class children’s hospital, but you’ll also join hundreds of like-minded community members who are making a difference for kids from backyards across Alberta each year.
First, decide what kind of fundraiser you’d like to host — garage sale, fun run, golf tournament and more — the sky’s the limit on how you can help the Stollery. Then, have fun bringing your fundraiser to life!
Once your fundraiser is approved, we can provide some helpful tools to help you make it as successful as possible:
- Posters and collateral you can use to promote your fundraiser
- Signage to use at your event
- Donation tracking form for cash and cheque donations
- Personalized fundraising webpage to collect donations online
- Community fundraiser listing on our events calendar
- …and more!
Here are some tips as you plan your event:
- Set a realistic fundraising goal and develop a budget
- Recruit volunteers for an event committee or to support your initiative
- Reduce expenses by requesting gift-in-kind support from local businesses such as auction items, hall space, free advertising, food or entertainment
- Solicit sponsorships from companies that may be interested in providing funds to cover expenses. If you’re receiving cheques for sponsorship to be used to cover expenses, please have the cheques made payable to your event or organizing committee.
Tell us about the fundraiser you’d like to host. You’ll hear from us in a few days and once your event is approved, feel free to start promoting it!
Don't forget to celebrate your success!
Your commitment to kids’ health in Alberta is worth celebrating! We’ll fill out our big cheque with your donation amount, take a photo and create a photo certificate for you to keep as a reminder of your generosity.
Reach out to Lisa for more information on hosting your own fundraiser