Stollery Women's Network
The Stollery Women’s Network (SWN) is made up of more than 300 supporters from backyards across Alberta, united in action with the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation to give all kids the best chance to live a long and healthy life.
As a volunteer with our Network, you can:
- Advocate to help advance specialized physical and mental health care for kids
- Invest time, talent and money to help Stollery kids and families from across Alberta and Western Canada
- Inspire bold levels of giving in others as an ambassador for the Foundation and the Hospital
- Collaborate with motivated and diverse supporters and groups
- Celebrate accomplishments and have fun with philanthropy
Since 2014, the Stollery Women’s Network has raised more than $1 million for vital Hospital initiatives through:
- Helping to fund a desperately needed new operating room at the Stollery
- Launching and helping to fund the Giving Comfort program that provides some of the comforts of home when they’re needed most — such as blankets, T-shirts, toiletry kits and books — in the Stollery Emergency, the David Schiff Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Walter C. Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre and at the Stollery Philip C. Etches Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Royal Alexandra Hospital.
This year, we’re excited to expand our efforts to raise awareness and funds for programs that bring comfort to Stollery kids and their families during their hospital stays, such as music and pet therapies, Child Life programs and Hospital play spaces.
Take an active role in the Network
Looking for a more active role in the Stollery Women’s Network? Each year, the Network actively recruits volunteers looking for an immersive experience, sharing their leadership and expertise at a committee level.
As a member of our advisory committee, your role is to establish and oversee SWN yearly strategic initiatives, while our sub-committees support Foundation-managed and community events and initiatives. Our three sub-committees — events, marketing & communications, and outreach & special projects — play a key role in bringing initiatives and events to life.
Learn more about the SWN advisory and sub-committee nomination process here.
Meet the committee
Co-chair: Erica Thomas
Co-chair: Shelley Borowski
Lead: Robynn Holstein
Lead: Alison Keppler
Lead: Shawna McEwen
Interested in joining SWN or want to become a sponsor? Contact Shelley:
Community of supporters
Thank you to all SWN donors and sponsors who have supported our Network events and fundraisers to help the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation advance children’s health care.
We would like to thank the following sponsors for their support of the SWN Wellness event: