Extra Life school program
You and your school can join the Extra Life community and play games throughout the month of November, or anytime during the school year to raise money for Stollery kids!
Play games. Heal kids.
Extra Life is a fundraiser where participants play video games, board games and their favourite sports while collecting donations to support care for kids at the Stollery Children’s Hospital. Teachers can pick a date and time that works for them, then register their school’s fundraiser below. Students can raise money by asking their family and friends to pledge their support using our online fundraising platform. Not only will your school be helping Stollery kids, but the top fundraising team will also win a pizza party at the end of the school year!
Your students are the leaders of tomorrow, and by fundraising for the Stollery Children’s Hospital, they can make a positive impact in their community and learn to create a plan and connect with their peers to reach their goals. Supporting the Stollery helps the next generations of leaders make a life-changing difference for themselves, and for Stollery kids and their families.
Whether you’re looking to start off with something easy, or dive into Extra Life head first, here are some ways to incorporate youth philanthropy into your classroom:
When and where you can play:
- Host a game-a-thon during lunch every Friday throughout the month in the classroom, gymnasium or library
- Host after-school games in your computer lab or an outdoor field, led by school officials, teachers, student leaders or your Esports club if you have one!
- Want to go the extra mile? Host a game-a-thon over the weekend! Friday nights work best, with games running every hour between 6 p.m. in the evening and ending at 6 a.m. the next morning.
What you can play:
- Video games
- Board games
- Tic-tac-toe and rock, paper scissors tournaments and more!
How to fundraise:
- Students can ask friends and family to support their fundraising efforts by donating to their online fundraising page
- Have student leaders set fundraising goals for the group
- Encourage your students to reach fundraising milestones to earn some exciting fundraising incentives:
- When the class raises $500, Mr. Li has to sing a song to the class
- When $1,000 is raised, Mrs. Johnson must wear a fake moustache for the entire lesson
- When $1,500 is raised, the class can learn wacky, unusual lessons and topics (e.g., the history of the jelly bean, Shakespearean Pig Latin, etc.)
What we’ll provide:
- An online fundraising page
- Posters, pamphlets and stories that demonstrate why your fundraising is so important
- A fundraising thermometer to track your school’s fundraising progress
Let's get started!
Once you’ve decided what kind of fundraiser your school would like to host, complete our online application form and tell us about it. You’ll hear from us in a few days and once your event is approved, feel free to start promoting it!